Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Clean Room

My daughter has been gone since July 1st.  She will be coming home on July 19th.  She has been having a fabulous time traveling the country with her friend and that friend's family.  As a surprise to her, I thought I would clean her room.  Oh, what a chore that was!  She had things squirreled away in every nook and cranny.  Being sensitive to her feelings though, I didn't throw anything away.  I put things gingerly into bags and boxes and she and I will go through them next week.  I also stayed out of her dresser and bed drawers.  Even at 12 years old, she deserves some privacy.

So now I can actually see the floor - sorry, no "before" pictures!


I also did a couple of DIY pictures to spruce up her room.  She has a blackout shade that had started to lose its stitching.  With a little thread, I corrected that problem.
  My stitching didn't look all that great so I used a little glitter tape to cover up my sewing.


My second project was the little chair in her room.  This little chair used to by mine when I was a little girl.  It matched a toy box I had.  My parents had it recovered and they used it as a little reading chair in their living room.
My daughter has this chair in her room now and loves reading and watching movies in it.  The only problem is, the green and taupe colors don't really match the purple in her room.  So, I finally bought some purple fabric and lime green tulle......
and made a little chair that matches her room.  I added her special afghan made for her by her Grandma Carol and now she has a new "girlie" chair.
Hopefully she'll like the little changes.  I'm sure it won't stay this clean but after missing her for almost 3 weeks, I won't mind the mess!!!

"You never know what you have until you clean your room."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment