Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Felted Birdhouse

I was so excited to get this great birthday gift for a very good friend of mine.  It's a felted birdhouse.
It is meant to be used outside so can withstand the elements.  I found it at my local Bachman's store and the brand is Wild Woolies.
I did a Google search on Wild Woolies and found that they are sold at many retail establishments and through Amazon.  There are also other brands of these adorable bird houses.  That got me to thinking that I bet Ravelry probably had knitting patterns for them too.

Being an avid knitter, I'm always on the lookout for cute new and quick projects.  I did a search in Ravelry on felted birdhouses.  There weren't many that came up and only one was a free pattern.  I printed off the free pattern and am hoping to give it a try with some leftover wool yarn I've been hanging on to for just such a project.
I also thought to decorate my birdhouse, I would use my knitted flower book and felt a variety of brightly colored ones to cascade all over.
I can't wait to get started!!  I'll post pictures later…….if it turns out!!!

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song."  -Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment