Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

French Toast

My son Jack works for a lawnscaping crew in the summer.  I pack him a lunch every day with two different kinds of sandwiches and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.  He usually gets home after we eat supper but I always save a plate for him.  Besides working, he is a body builder so he burns a lot of calories.  Usually at about 9pm he is asking for something to eat.  I have come up with something that is filling, tastes good and is quick to make.

French Toast can be be the best teenage "stomach filler" around if done with lots of seasoning.  I use a loaf of French bread cut into thick slices that I soak in 2/3 cup of half 'n half, 1/3 cup of orange juice, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of seasoning (cinnamon, pie spice, a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg).  Then I toast in 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet and you have the makings for a great breakfast or a great nighttime meal for a famished teenager.
 Best served with real maple syrup, orange slices and a very large glass of ice cold milk!

"One should not even attend the end of the world without a good breakfast."  -Jeff Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. The orange juice sounds interesting. Never tried that. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete