Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 28, 2014

"Quick" Dinner Rolls

I have a thing for bread.  I consider it one of the side dishes I serve at dinner.  I prefer to make homemade bread, even if I cheat and use my bread machine to make the dough.  There are times however, I take an even shorter short cut and use frozen dinner rolls and just spruce them up a bit.

I just take an ordinary angel food pan and spray it with a little non-stick spray.

Then I put a layer of my favorite frozen dinner rolls, right out of the freezer,
in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
Next, I sprinkle a variety of seasonings over the frozen rolls.  I have some special seasoning blends that are for pasta that work great for these rolls.  Sometimes I just use garlic salt or crushed basil.  Whatever flavor that will compliment my main dish.
I add another layer of rolls and seasoning and repeat until I've used up all 36 rolls.
I cover the pan with a clean dish towel and then I put it in the oven - a cold oven - to keep it out of any drafts so the rolls can thaw and rise.

About 8 hours later, this is how they look.
I bake them in the pan at 350 degrees until they are golden brown.
I invert them on a plate and if they still seem a little "doughy" at the bottom, I slide them on a cookie sheet and put them back in the over for a few minutes until the bottom is golden brown.  I put them in the middle of the table and they become pull apart dinner rolls.  My kids love them!

"All sorrows are less with bread."  -Miguel de Cervantes

No comments:

Post a Comment