Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Comfort Food

My daughter was home sick today so my husband was in charge of making dinner since he was home being nursemaid.  I gave him some ideas but he came up with his own fabulously fulfilling dinner....one that satisfied a 17 year old son who had just worked out at the YMCA, a 14 year old son who had his second of five baseball tryouts tonight, an 11 year old daughter who wanted some comfort food after being home sick all day, and a wife/mom who just needed someone to take care of her after a very long day.  I'm just sorry there aren't any photographs of him in the process.....only one of what was left.
There are enough leftovers for me and my husband to enjoy at lunch tomorrow.  What was this yummy dish?  You may be really surprised at how basic this recipe is. 

Here are the steps straight from my husband:

1.  Brown one pound of ground turkey with one small onion.
2.  Add 2 cups of turkey gravy to the browned meat and heat thoroughly.  (At this point, you can add a can of mixed vegetables.  My family prefers to eat vegetables separately.)
3.  Put the meat/gravy mixture into a large pie or quiche pan.
4.  Top with mashed potatoes.  You can use instant or leftover potatoes.  My husband used two packets of Idahoan Buttery Golden Selects Instant Potatoes.
5.  Top with cheese.
6.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese becomes melted and bubbly. 
7.  Serve with fruit, vegetables and bread on the side. 

It was delicious!  My husband hopes you enjoy it too! 

"Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."  -Harriet Von Horne




No comments:

Post a Comment