Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Embroidery

My daughter has spent the past week at my parents' in western Minnesota.  She had a fabulous time.  In fact, she had so much fun, she really didn't want to come home.  I'm sure she loved all of the attention from two loving grandparents because when she's at home, she has to compete with her brothers!  Nonetheless, I was thrilled to pick her up from my sister's house (half way point from my house to my parents' house).  She was excited to tell me all about the things she had done and she was excited to give a little gift from Grandma.
I need to back up a bit.  Last weekend, I had driven my daughter to my parents'.  Whenever I see my mom, we show each other projects we're working on and ones we have yet to start.  We have shared hundreds of craft ideas and patterns. 

One of the crafts that my mom does that have been wanting her to teach my how to do is embroidery.  I know how to do basic stitches but I wanted to learn how to do this:



These look like they were done on a machine but these were all done by hand.  They are so beautiful!  Last weekend, when I dropped my daughter off to stay with them for the week, my mom and I finally had time to sit together so she could show me how to create these beautiful pieces of art.  I was thrilled to receive the gift of the iron on transfers!  I can't wait to start working on my own creations!

"Sewing mends the soul."  -Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment