Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Local Bakery Re-Opens

It was my middle child's birthday yesterday.  He turned 15.  I love birthdays and I try to do special things for each of my children on their birthdays.  Yesterday was no exception.  I started the day for my son by making an early morning pastry trip to a new, old bakery - Hans Bakery in Anoka, MN.  I say new, old bakery because it had been closed for a number of years and has now reopened with new owners but with many of the old recipes.  They also serve soup, sandwiches and salads and the Texas Donuts and Beehive/Bee Stings are still on their pastry menu.  The link to the website is:  www.hans-bakery.com

My son loves donuts so I thought I would pick out some special ones just for him.  Hans Bakery was packed at 7:30am on a Sunday morning.  I think that I'm not the only one that was excited to see that it had reopened.

My son was thrilled with the pastry choices he was presented with as soon as he got up!
He was also happy with the iced sugar cookies his little sister made for him yesterday afternoon
and the Dairy Queen cake as dessert after his steak dinner!
He has a bit of a sweet tooth!

"If there's no dessert in heaven, I'm not going."  -Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment