Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Author Talk at the ASI

What a fun night!  It started with dinner out at the American Swedish Institute's (Minneapolis, MN) restaurant Fika with my friends Wendy and Betty.  We were able to sit at the tables outside.....thank you blessed sunshine.  I had the open-faced salmon sandwich.
The seared salmon fillet was served on their house rye with watercress, pureed beets and a tarragon & sweet mustard sauce.  It was delicious and just the right size portion.  I was full but not "over-full".  I paired it with a glass of their house white wine.  It was a very spring-like meal.

After dinner, we moved to one of the large conference/class rooms in the Institute.  This was the main reason for our visit.  We were here to Arne Dahl (Jan Arnald), the Swedish crime author who has written Misterioso and Bad Blood.  (Pictures below courtesy of Amazon.com.)

He was a very eloquent speaker whose topic was "Why Crime Fiction?"  It was a free lecture that we all fully enjoyed.  My friend Wendy even got her books signed.
This was the second book event we've attended at the Institute and we have not been disappointed!  I will definitely look for author or book events to attend here and in other places in my community.  Makes me feel a little smarter when I walk out the door!  

"Writing is the painting of the voice."  -Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment