Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Brownie Sandwich Cookies

I was in need of a dessert to bring to a BBQ.  It had to be something I could whip up quickly but I also wanted it to be a little unique. I had a brownie mix but I didn't want to bring plain old brownies.  So I took that plain old brownie mix
and made brownie cookies.  I mixed the batter as called for on the box and then dropped it by teaspoon on a parchment covered pan.
I baked them for only a few minutes at 350 degrees then removed them and put them on a wire rack to cool.
While my brownie cookies cooled, I whipped up a simple buttercream frosting.  I used about 3/4 cup salted butter,
2 cups powdered sugar,
and about 1/4 of a cup of caramel ice cream topping.
I mixed these ingredients together until they were smooth and "frosting" consistency.
 I put a very thin coat of frosting on the bottom of one cookie.  These cookies will be very thin and delicate so be very careful when frosting them or you'll have brownie bits instead of brownie cookies!
Then I pressed the bottom of another cookie onto the frosted cookie to make a cookie sandwich.
I had a great dessert to share at the BBQ!
"Sometimes Me think, 'What is a friend?' and then Me say, 'Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.'  - Cookie Monster

1 comment: