Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

New Drawing Method - Zentangle

While we were with my parents last weekend, my mom introduced my daughter and my niece to a new drawing technique called Zentangle.  It's a simple method that uses just a pen and paper.  Here is an example of a Zentangle my daughter is working on:

There is even a great website totally committed to this art form.  www.zentangle.com  This is a great website that gives the history of Zentangle - it began as patterns drawn on a manuscript.  It shares the art theory of Zentangle -  making deliberate strokes.  It even provides links to a Zentangle blog, newsletter and You Tube videos on "how to".  I liked reading through the Glossary of Zentangle Terms!  My daughter and I have a date for some Zentangle creations this weekend!

"There is no eraser in life and there is no eraser in a Zentangle kit.  However, in creating Zentangle art (and in living life), you will discover that apparent mistakes can be foundations for new patterns and take you in unexpected and exciting new directions."  -Zentangle website

No comments:

Post a Comment