Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary

I apologize for not posting for a week.  I had been crazy busy preparing for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration.  My dad insisted that there be NO PARTY so my sister and I suggested a family weekend vacation where we could stay and celebrate together.  That turned out to be a terrific idea.  We stayed at Cove Point Lodge.  Here is a link to their website:  www.covepointlodge.com
From there, we were able to take in all of the north shore sites…….Gooseberry Falls,
Split Rock Lighthouse,


Grand Marais,
Lake Superior,
and Blue Fin Bay.
We also had time for card games and relaxing.

Of course, no celebration is complete without good food and……
a friend of mine re-created the top of my parents' wedding cake (I even had their original cake topper) and I had a local flower shop re-create my mom's wedding bouquet.
I know we all had a great time and I'm pretty sure my parents enjoyed their celebration too!

"An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment