Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Book Marks

I have written numerous blogs about books.  Ones I've read and ones I'd like to read.  A necessity when reading books, when I'm not reading on my Kindle, is the need for a book mark.  My favorite bookmarks are ones that are handmade.  Every time I look at them, I think of the person who made it and gave it to me.  It's like they're with me wherever my book and I go!

Here are two of my favorite ones.  This one was tucked in a handmade book bag someone made for me.  It's a photograph attached to a piece of colored card stock.  Somedays I long to be IN the picture - especially on nights like tonight when we're expecting 12" of snow!
This one was made by my daughter a few years ago.  Her grandma helped her make it and then she tucked it into a Mother's Day card for me.  My daughter colored circles on a piece of white notebook paper and then cut it into a rectangle with decorative scissors.  They glued it to a piece of white card stock cut with decorative scissors and then glued that to a piece of pink card stock also cut with the decorative scissors.
Add a bit of ribbon and it was finished.  Love them both and right now, they are each in a book I am currently reading.....yes, I have multiple books going at the same time!  My daughter is with me at bedtime and my friend is with me on the train to work!

"What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book and a cup of coffee."  -Anthony Trollope

No comments:

Post a Comment