Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day of Reflection

So today I don't have any special recipe, craft or place I've been.  No service to compliment or good book to recommend.  Today, I'm reflecting on all the good things that happened today.  Things that didn't require anything from me.  Like:

 #1 - getting a compliment about my oldest son.  He has a great relationship with the mom of one of his friends.  She baked him cookies last night and when he went over to get them, he sat and talked with her about everything under the sun.  She sent me a note later, letting me know that she had a great conversation with him and that he is "one very wise boy".  I'm thankful that through all the ups and downs of parenting this very independent boy, he is turning into a wonderful young man.  A wonderful young man in the eyes of those who aren't biased as to how special he is!

#2 - the strength of my daughter's spirit.  Unbeknownst to my husband and me, our daughter has had some issues with a couple of girls at school.  Through others, I found out how horrible things have been for her.  We never saw a change in her always cheerful attitude.  When I asked her about it, she said, "Mom, it'll all work itself out".  Really?  What 11 year old says that?  I wish I could bottle her positive spirit and ability to see good in everyone, no matter how bad they hurt your feelings.  She is able to see that the hurt is more about the bully than anything that she has done.  As a 47 year old, I'm still trying to figure that out!

#3 - the excitement of my second son when he made the A traveling baseball team.  You have to understand that this child definitely has his grandfather's genes.  He, like his grandfather, is really happy but isn't quick to express that happiness.  Tonight though, after he got the call, he hollered to me, "Mom!  I made the A Team!" with a gigantic grin on his face!  He has worked really hard to get to this point and his resilience and hard work have paid off.  I just loved seeing his exuberant face and hearing the joy in his voice!

#4 - coming home and seeing my husband getting things ready for supper so I could quickly change clothes and head to our son's baseball game.  He had the home front covered without being asked.  He knew I wanted to go to the baseball game but he also knew that I would want to make sure that the rest of them were able to sit down together for supper.

Life is Good!

"One small positive thought in the morning, can change the entire outcome of your day."  -Unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment