Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Yummy Pasta

I don't know many children who don't like pasta, cheese and bacon.  I have a recipe that incorporates all three and is so simple my husband can even put it together when I'm too busy or under the weather.  It's an adaptation of a recipe from the Naked Chef, Jamie Oliver.  First, you start by cooking the bacon.  I cook mine by putting a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and then I "bake" the bacon in the oven.  It cuts down on the grease splatter on my stovetop.
Next, boil a one pound box of penne pasta in a large pot - any long tubular pasta will work.  Drain the pasta well and return to the pot.

In a small bowl, whisk together five egg yolks and seven tablespoons of cream.

Add about 3/4 of a 5 oz. container of shredded parmesan cheese.   Stir well.

Pour this mixture over the drained noodles and stir well.
Chop the cooked bacon and stir it into the pasta and cheese.

Serve immediately with a salad and good crusty bread.  My family loves it!

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."  -Federico Fellini

No comments:

Post a Comment