Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Swedish Mystery Novel & Meet the Author

If you see me around town, waiting at a stoplight, at the dentist's office, waiting to pick up a child from baseball practice or dance tryouts, sitting at my desk during lunch, sitting all cozy on my living room couch, chances are my nose is buried in this book:  Misterioso by Arne Dahl.  It is a murder mystery book by a Swedish author.  I've said this many times before - I love Scandinavian mystery novels.
I have a deadline of finishing this book.  I have to be done by May 12th.  Shouldn't be a problem as I just started it yesterday and am almost half way through.  Why the deadline?  I am going to a "meet the author" event at the American Swedish Institute with my friends Wendy and Betty on May 12th and absolutely have to have the book finished by then.
The last time I went to a "meet the author" event, it was to see Finnish Mystery writer Jarrko Sipila at Finn Style in Minneapolis, MN with my friend Wendy.  I was so star struck I couldn't bring myself to get my book signed by the author.  Wendy said I was like a giddy schoolgirl.  Hope I can act my age this time!

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."  Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment