Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Busy Day

What a busy, busy day today!  I started out the day having my 17 year old follow me in his car to the school where  he needed to take his ACT test (it was at a local high school - not his own).  At 7:30am I thought it would be better to have him follow me than try to give him directions.  He and I were both nervous about him taking the test and I wanted to make it a little easier on him by eliminating the worry about finding the school and the right door to go in.

I was OK with having to be up and ready for the day early on Saturday morning because I had made plans with a couple of friends to go to the Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Downs in Shakopee, MN and we wanted to get there right when it opened.  My friends and I all found some great finds.  I wish I would have gotten pictures of everything we bought!

I found these great boot socks for my daughter's Easter basket.
They are made from re-purposed jersey material.  I have them folded in half for the picture……the blue part is much longer.  We saw so many vendors wearing them with their cowboy boots.  Obviously they had done a little shopping before we had!  The socks were made by my cousin's wife's sister.  I have ordered things from her before and have love her style.  She has a Facebook page - Tillie's.  Anyone who needs a gift for a teenager, young adult or someone with a  bit of eclectic style needs to check out her art.

My other purchase was a plant stand.  I have been looking high and low for a plant stand that will hold my bowling ball gazing ball.  I haven't wanted to turn the bowling ball into a gazing ball into I found the perfect stand.  As soon as I got home, I made sure the bowling ball would fit.  Guess what my project tomorrow will be?!
I also found a cute way to recycle/upcycle tin cans and…...
an idea for a lamp for my very creative husband (sorry the picture is blurry).
The Junk Bonanza ended today but mark it on your calendar for the fall.  Here is a link to the website for all of the details.   www.junkbonanza.com  I'll be there!!!

"Money can't buy happiness but it can buy junk and that's pretty much the same thing."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment