Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tile Coasters

I have the enormous pleasure of having a very creative mom.  She is always coming up something new......a new card making technique, a fun centerpiece, a great garden sculpture, home decorating tips, knitting patterns and many other fantastically creative things.  For Easter, she helped my daughter make a "glove rabbit" (see my last post) and she made and gave me these great coasters.
My mom made them out of tiles purchased at a hardware store.  They are about a quarter of an inch thick with uneven edges.

She stamped each tile with a design and lightly colored in the pears and leaves.  She baked them in the oven to set the ink.
Lastly, she put felt tabs on the bottom to protect the surface from the bottom of the tile.  
Now if I can just get my kids to use them!

"Creativity is contagious.  Pass it on."  Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment