Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Great Anoka County Park

Today I spent almost all day at Bunker Beach in Coon Rapids, MN with two little girls.
Why have I never been here before?!  I have only ever dropped my children off here to meet up with friends.  Today was the first day I had gone inside.  What a great place!  There are multiple pools within the beach area.  You can go down big slides, small slides, float down a lazy river, cross a rope obstacle course, climb a climbing wall, hang out in the wave pool, eat at many different concession stands and hang out in the shade or the sun.

I know that the swimming season is coming to a close but if you're in the area, please put Bunker Beach on your "must visit" list for next year.  Here's a link to their website for all of the beach details.  www.bunkerbeach.com 

The whole Bunker Area is a fantastic activity hub.  There's swimming, camping, golfing, frisbee golf, horse back riding, biking and walking/running paths.  This is truly a gem in the north metro.  It's a great getaway within the city.  Here's a link so you can check out the year round activities.  www.anokacountyparks.com/parks/bunker_hills_regional_park/about.html  I'm hoping to do some fall camping and maybe take a trail ride on a horse before the snow flies.  I'm proud of my city and where my tax dollars are being spent!!!!

"Pull up a chair.  Take a taste.  Come join us.  Life is so endlessly delicious."  -Ruth Reichl

No comments:

Post a Comment