Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Cabin Invite Thank You Care Package

I'm getting things ready to go to my sister and brother-in-law's cabin for Labor Day weekend.  We always have such a fun time there.  I can't wait for some fun and relaxing time.  I know the rest of my family is looking forward to it too!

One thing I like to do whenever we're invited to stay at someone's cabin is bring a care package as a thank you gift.  This time is no exception.  On my way home from work today (oh, by the way, I was let go from my job today........some day I may blog about it but I'm not ready yet), I stopped by WalMart and got things ready for my cabin care package.  Sorry that the pictures aren't great but you should still be able to get the idea.

I started with paper products:  paper towels, toilet paper and kleenex.  Having a family of 5 visit?  We go through a fair amount of paper!
 Next, I added washing products:  dishwasher detergent, dish soap and hand soap.
I also added some bright napkins in the color of the cabin interior:  green and yellow.
Lastly, I'm working on embroidering a dishtowel and knitting a washcloth.  The dishtowel has a sailboat and lighthouse on it (I know Lake Koronis doesn't have lighthouse but it's water-themed none the less).  The washcloth is bright yellow to go with the kitchen colors.  I always like to give something handmade.  Now that I don't have a job, I will definitely be able to finish these by Friday!!!
I will put them all in a gift bag and my daughter is busy making a thank you note.  It's just a simple way to say how grateful we are to be invited and we're hoping to be invited again!!

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  -William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment