Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Favorite Necklace

I am crazy about jewelry.  Even if I'm just wearing jeans and I t-shirt, I still like to wear a necklace and earrings.  This weekend, while at my parents', I was introduced to a new kind of jewelry - Living Lockets by Origami Owl.  My good friend Beth, who I have known since elementary school, is an Independent Designer for Origami Owl.

These Living Lockets are so great because you create how they look.  They become completely personal.  This is the link to their website  www.origamiowl.com  Here is how I put my locket together.

I started out by picking a locket.  They come in small, medium and large.  The size of the locket you get is really determined by how many charms you are going to use.  The lockets come in silver, gold, rose gold and black.  There are ones with sparkles and there are ones that are plain.  I chose a large sliver one with sparkles.
Next I chose a chain.  The one I picked is 32" long and silver.  It can be worn long or I can double it and wear it short.
I chose to add a plate to my locket.  As you can see from the locket picture, it's clear on both sides.  The plate can be the same size as the glass or you can get a smaller one that become a charm.  I chose a large one, stamped with the word "love".
I wanted my necklace to represent my family so the charms I chose are my children's birthstones in a round shape, mine and my husband's birthstones shaped as hearts, a silver heart with the word "family" stamped on it, and an infinity shape with sparkles.  You can also add dangles to jazz it up.  I chose to have it without the dangles but may add a few later.
I opened the locket and put in my disk and charms.
Here is how it looks.
Next I attached it to the chain.

I love this necklace and have worn it every day since I got it.  My daughter has picked out what Living Locket she would like too.  These would make great gifts because they can be so personal.  I plan on purchasing more charms and will change them out when to fit my outfit, occasion or mood!

"I have a necklace I always wear.  I collect pendants from people I love; my best friends and members of my family have all given me one, and I put them on a chain so no matter where I am they're always with me."  -Lake Bell

2 comments:

  1. I noticed this the other day, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is the first day in over a week that I haven't worn it! I love it!

      Delete