Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

School Shopping with Teenage Boys

I have two teenage boys (ages 14 & 16) and one pre-teen daughter (age 11) to school shop for this year.  School supplies are easy.  Target has whatever it is we need.  I'm already done with the notebooks and pencils, etc. shopping.  School clothes shopping is what I dread...but only with my boys.  My daughter has a wonderful little girlfriend who passes her hand-me-downs to us.  Most of them have the tags still attached.  We've had to build her a second closet to accommodate her huge wardrobe.  So, she's set.  My boys...well...getting them to go buy jeans, shorts, t-shirts, shoes...with me in the traditional sense...is really impossible.

But we have found some neutral ground in a store near by our house and an awesome website.  I have mentioned the store in previous blogs but it bares mentioning again for school shopping.  It's The House in Little Canada, MN.  The have a main store and an outlet store.  We shop at the main store for our snow board equipment but at the outlet store for school clothes.  All of their t-shirts are $10 or less and sweatshirts are $25 or less.  These are name brand t-shirts and sweatshirts....Eitnes, Burton, Four Square, Analog, Celtek, Dakine, DC....and on and on.  My middle son got 10 name brand t-shirts for $70.  (I'm sure there are many of you saying, "TEN t-shirts?!"  My 14 year old has grown about 6 inches over the summer and has zero clothes left that fit so 10 was a good number!)  The deals carry over to their outlet website.  Here's their link  www.the-house.com  and click on OUTLET.

Our favorite "boy shopping" website is Dog Funk.  This website has great deals on back to school clothes, snowboard stuff and skateboarding things.  Here again, my boys could pick out name brand items for so much cheaper than if we went to a mainstream store.  Here's a link to their website  www.dogfunk.com  We have gotten skateboards, snowboard jackets, snowboard bindings, t-shirts and sweatshirts from this website.  They have great customer service, fast delivery and awesome prices.

To fellow mothers of teen age boys...I hope this blog helped in a teeny-tiny way with your school shopping!

"The difference between school and life?  In school you're taught a lesson and then given a test.  In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."  -Tom Bodett





 

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I were talking about school clothes shopping...she gives her girls $200/each and drops them at the mall...I realized I have NEVER taken my kids school clothes shopping...I guess one of the perks of buying them clothes year round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We school shop every August. Everyone gets new underwear, socks and shoes. This year I gave J cash for clothes; T did most of his shopping on-line; and H (thanks to your generosity) only need a few pairs of jeans.

      Delete