Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Learning to Knit

If you are just learning to knit or are teaching someone how to knit or are wanting to learn new stitches, one of the best ways to learn is by knitting washcloths.  This washcloth pattern book is the best in terms of basic stitches but you will also learn how to read patterns and add new stitches, like the cable stitch.
Washcloths make great hostess gifts.  They are inexpensive if you buy Peaches and Cream yarn (can be found at WalMart),
and use almost any size needles.
I like to keep my project in the glove compartment of the car as it makes a great travel project.
I started this washcloth when we left home today and traveled to my parents' house 3 hours away.  I figure another 3 hours home and it will be done.

"I will continue to freak my children out by knitting in public.  It's good for them."  -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


No comments:

Post a Comment