Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lunch Out

I work full time for a Little League Baseball organization, and with three very active children, my summer gets really busy.  I try to fit in all kinds of fun things, one of which is going out to lunch with my friend Wendy.  Wendy had wanted to take me to a restaurant called Fat Lorenzo's.  Today was that day.  My daughter came along too and what a great lunch we had!
Fat Lorenzo's is a quaint Italian restaurant by Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis, MN.  It's a small place with outside sidewalk seating when the weather allows.  My daughter said it reminded her of eating out while in Paris!  Here's a link to their website  www.fatlorenzos.com 

The waitstaff was extremely friendly and gave great recommendations.  Wendy had the "Oh Mio Dio" which is a hot hoagie with chopped rib eye, sauteed onions, mushrooms, giardiniera peppers, pepperdew peppers, pepperjack cheese on a sourdough bun with a side of horseradish sauce.  I had the "Fat's Special" which is also a hot hoagie that included Genoa salami, ham, pepperoni, banana peppers and mozzarella cheese served with a side of marinara sauce.  Both of our sandwiches came with coleslaw that had pineapple mixed into it - sounded weird to me but it was really delicious.  My daughter had a 10" pepperoni pizza which she devoured.  All of us really enjoyed our meals.  To top off our lunch, we each had a gelato.  What a great way to spend a lunch hour on a beautiful summer day!

"I believe in stopping work and eating lunch."  -L'Wren Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment