Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Barefoot Sandals

So I finally got around to making a pair of barefoot sandals.  I was holding out until I was able to make a trip to my favorite bead store in Minneapolis, but the weather and the roads have not been cooperating.  I saw that Michael's was having a sale of 50% off all of their beads so I decided to make a trip there.......it's very close to my house so no snow covered road worries.

I bought cotton cording and a variety of beads (next time I will double check that all beads that I'm getting have holes big enough for the cording).

I cut four strips of the cording - each about a yard long.  I decided that I'd rather have the cording be too long rather than worry that it was too short - I knew I could trim it in the end.
I made a loop in the center of the cording and tied a knot about an inch from my toe.

Then I started adding beads and tying knots.


This was all trial and error.  I attached beads; tried on the sandal; then attached more beads.
This is how the finished sandals look.


I can't wait to wear them to yoga and on the beach in Fort Myers, Florida!

"To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude."  -Jeanne Moreau

No comments:

Post a Comment