Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Lobster Tails.....So Easy!

I wanted to cook a special dinner for my family tonight.....something that we don't normally have.  I stopped at my favorite little grocery store close to home to see what they had in their butcher case.  Unlike flowers, meat prices seem to be lower at this time of the year and they had many cuts of beef and seafood on sale.  I chose prime rib, which I knew everyone would like but I also chose lobster tails.  They were at rock bottom prices and even though I had no clue as to how to prepare them, I figured since my family absolutely LOVES crab legs, they would really like lobster tails.

Actually, I found that these are the simplest things to cook.  Here is what one of mine looked like straight from the butcher - it was a bit frozen.
I used kitchen scissors to cut a slit down the back.

Put the tail on a baking sheet and pull the shell apart just a bit so the meat inside is exposed.
Melt about 1/2 cup of butter for six tails and drizzle the butter over the lobster tail.
But the lobster tails under the broiler for about 10 minutes are until the meat turns white.
I melted a little extra butter for dipping and the lobster tails went great with the rest of our meal:  grilled prime rib, steamed asparagus, boiled potatoes, fresh strawberries, focaccia, salad and.....
of course Dairy Queen ice cream cake for dessert!
Happy Valentine's Day!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."  A. A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment