Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Glittery Jar

My daughter found a craft on line that we'd thought we'd give a try this afternoon.  We needed glitter, contact paper, spray glue and a glass jar.
First, we traced a design on the contact paper.  My daughter wanted it to be the first initial of her first name so I made an "H".

Then I cut it out.
My daughter peeled off the backing and stuck it to the inside of the jar.

Next, my daughter sprayed the glue on the inside of the jar, being careful to cover all areas of the inside of the jar.
Then, she poured in a generous amount of glitter (fine glitter works best) into the jar.
She put the cover on and gave it a good shake, coating the entire inside of the jar with glitter.


I used an x-acto knife to peel off her "H".
Then we added some crystal stones and a battery operated candle.


It makes a very pretty little night light in her bedroom.
"When in doubt, just add glitter."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment