Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pretty Photo/Drawing Clips

I have a new desk at work.  My third in four months.  This finally seems like my permanent location so I feel like I can really give it a little of my personality.  I have pictures in frames, the rolodex I decorated and I bought a bright colored lamp that was on clearance at Target.

I have one "wall" though that I wanted to add something to so I've been keeping my eye open for something fun, but inexpensive to use.  Today at Target, I found these tissue flowers on clearance for under $5.
I thought if I added these flowers to clothes pins,
I could use them as fun photo or drawing clips.  The flowers already have sticky tabs so I just pressed it onto the clothes pin.


I thought the flowers needed to be "jazzed up" so I dug into my vintage earring stash and chose six fun earrings.
I removed the backs off of the earrings with a wire cutter.

I did this to all six earrings.
I used hot glue to attach the earrings to the center of each of the flowers.


With a little bit of double sided tape to the back of the clothespin, my daughter stuck her's to her bulletin board.


With double sided tape, I attached my flowers to a strip of ribbon - 3 flowers per ribbon strip.
Tomorrow, I will pin the ribbon to my office/cube wall and will attach pictures to each clip.
I will update my blog with a picture of the finished product in the morning!

"Art is not a thing, it is a way."  -Elbert Hubbard




No comments:

Post a Comment