Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dance Team State Tournament

I had always hoped that some day I would go to a State Tournament, basketball, baseball, softball or volleyball, to watch one of my children play.  That still might happen but I may have to add Dance Team to the list.

My daughter and I spent our Saturday afternoon at Target Center in downtown Minneapolis, MN watching the High Kick portion of the Minnesota State High School Dance Team Tournament.  We had a vested interest as the Fridley High School team was in the AA section of the tournament (they were also in the Jazz portion which took place on Friday).  My daughter is in 6th grade in the Fridley School District and some of the girls on the team are older siblings of her friends or they have just adopted my daughter as their "little sister". 
She herself, is also a dancer and has high hopes of being a part of this team some day.  I know nothing about dance but sat next to a mom who filled me in on all of the scoring details.  I was so impressed by the athleticism of these girls!  They had to keep up their energy for over three minutes.  That doesn't seem like a long time but when you are jumping, spinning, kicking, leaping......it looks exhausting!

I'm so proud of the Fridley Dance Team.  They performed beautifully and I can't wait until my daughter is able to dance along with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment