Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Grandma's Gift

One of my dear knitting friends shared her latest projects with me. It was an obnoxiously bright tiny little sweater she was making for her granddaughter. I didn't quite now what to say.....this is a woman who usually knits with the softest, most beautiful yarn. For this sweater however, she was using inexpensive, bright, primary colored yarn. 

She saw the uncertainty in my face and laughed out loud. She went on to explain that she had gotten a book by Debbie Macomber about a grandma who makes a sweater for her grandson. 
The sweater was garishly colored and the grandson was less than thrilled with this gift. He tried to get rid of the sweater in all kinds of ways. Then, his grandma was coming for a visit and hoped to see him in his sweater. When he sees his grandma, she explains the special gift within the sweater. It's a sweet story about love. The pattern for the sweater is included in the book. My friend is making the sweater for her granddaughter and is including the book. A very special gift indeed.

"Grandma, I know you've loved me since I was born but I've loved you my whole life."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment