Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Birthday Morning Personal Egg Dish

It is my oldest son's 18th Birthday tomorrow. If I was home in the morning, I would make him a huge breakfast to start off his day. Since I can't be home, a pesky thing called a job gets in the way, I decided to pre-make a special birthday breakfast for him.

I started by spraying a large muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, I sprinkled a little monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheese in the bottom of each cup. To the cheese I added chopped Canadian bacon.
Then I took these glorious eggs I got at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market, whisked them with a little milk and poured them over the meat and cheese.



I put them in a 350 degree oven for about a half an hour.....until the eggs were set.
I gently used a knife to loosen it and put it on a plate. 
I'll keep them in the refrigerator overnight and they can be heated in the microwave for a quick breakfast. I also bought his favorite.....muffins from Panera to go along with the eggs. Even though I won't be here in the morning, I can still be a part of that special birthday morning breakfast!

"One should not attend even the end of the world without a good breakfast."  -Robert A. Heinlein




No comments:

Post a Comment