Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Laugh at the End of the Day

Well……so much for that!  I woke up this morning looking forward to meeting Minnesota author, Lorna Landvik at the Hennepin County Central Library. She is one of my most favorite authors. Her books and stories make me laugh and she is even funnier in person.

I had arranged everyone's schedules and dinner so that I could get to the library and get a good seat. I have lived in the Minneapolis area for about 25 years.  I worked in the heart of downtown Minneapolis for many years. I visit the Minneapolis Farmer's Market almost every weekend. I drive my dad and I to the Target Center every Thanksgiving Day for a 5K. I have been to the University of Minnesota campus multiple times. Part of my commute home every day takes me through a corner of downtown Minneapolis. I thought I would have no issues finding the library and a place to park.  Never mind that it was rush hour and certain roads were only accessible to buses and people were everywhere, crossing against the traffic signals and the light rail train was now where I used to be able to drive……. Oh, my goodness!  I was frazzled!

It was almost time for the event to start and I finally saw a traffic sign I recognized - for the highway home.  Sorry to say, I took that exit and drove home. I felt doubly disappointed because I had books from my friend Wendy that I was going to have signed.

This blog is about things that go well in my day and even though I didn't make it to see Lorna Landvik, my friend Wendy made me laugh at loud when I explained what happened. It also made me think that this whole fiasco would have been something that Lorna must have written about in one of her books - and that made me smile.

"Next time I will be there to help. And if we still can't find the destination - we'll get a glass of wine and lie about it!!"  -Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment