Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello Again!!

Hi There! Long time no hear from right?! Now that school has started and we're on a family schedule that works for all of us, I decided that I needed to get back into the blogging business. I've missed writing every day. There are usually many times a day I think, "this would make a great blog", but by the time I sit down in the evenings, I watch 5 minutes of TV and then am asleep.

That has changed now that school has started. My house now stays clean; I don't have 6 outfits a day of my daughters that end up in the laundry; my fridge stays stocked for more than two days; and the crock pot has become my best friend. In fact, it's only 6:15pm and I've run 5 miles, fed my family, done the dishes, made lunches for tomorrow, put in a couple of loads of laundry, taken a shower and am now sitting on the couch with my feet up blogging away!

So, today I was thinking I should update everyone on where I am with my 47 books and 47 movies in a year. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, my New Year's Resolution for this year was to read 47 books and watch 47 movies this year. Why 47? Because that's how old I am!

Well, as you can see from my following lists, I have a long way to go before I reach my goal.

47 Books
Dairy of a Wimpy Kid:  Hard Luck by Jeff Kinney
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
The Cove by Ron Rash
Torch by Cheryl Strayed
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson
The Land of Dreams by Vidar Sundstol
Borkmann's Point by Hakan Nesser
The Island by Elin Hilderbrand
Silenced by Kristina Ohlsson
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Unseen by Mari Jungstedt
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Yarn Over Murder by Maggie Sefton
Dark Secrets by Michael Hjorth & Hans Rosenfeldt
Detective Inspector Huss by Helene Tursten
The Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg

Only the Dead by Vidar Sundstol

47 Movies
The Heat
Bridesmaids
Despicable Me 2
Julie & Julia
The Croods
Under the Tuscan Sun
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
Turbo
Frozen
The Way, Way Back
The Big Wedding
Back to the Future - Part 1
Gravity
The Importance of Being Earnest
Free Birds
World War Z
Major League
Girl Most Likely
Benchwarmers
28 Days
The Lego Movie
The Shooter
The Birdcaage
Mrs. Doubtfire
Jumanji
Divergent

I do have quite a few books that I'm reading or am about to read. Here is what is currently on my nightstand.
I'm about a third of the way through The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I also have a book in my work bag.
This one almost caused me to almost get hit by the Light Rail train.  I had been reading outside while at work on my lunch break. I walked to the little park right outside my building which is just over the light rail tracks. I was due back inside but wasn't completely done with a chapter so I continued reading while walking back inside. I was oblivious to the warning bells and it took a honk from the Light Rail driver to get me out of my literary trance! The security guards in my building weren't thrilled with me either as they saw it all on the monitors.  

As for the movies, I think I have an even lesser chance of making my goal. I find it really hard to sit and watch a movie. My husband thinks I have ADHD or ADD because I can't sit for more than a few minutes before I have to get up and do something. I'm a master at multi-tasking. In fact, I'm watching School of Rock while blogging. I have a sick child and she has insisted I sit and watch a movie with her. We may actual have time to watch another one.....while I work on a knitting project!

Anyone have any favorite books or movies that will grab my attention? I'm looking for a little help in meeting my goal!

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."  -Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment