Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fun at the Junk Bonanza

I had a great day today with my friend Wendy. We went to the Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Downs in Shakopee, MN. www.junkbonanza.com It's a combination of junk, treasures and repurposed items. It's held in the spring and in the fall each year at Canterbury Downs. I LOVE going!

Even though I didn't find what I was looking for - something to hang by my front door in place of a wreath - I found other things to buy. I'm now partially done Christmas shopping and of course I found something for myself.

First of all, this is what I bought for myself. It's something repurposed. Do you know what it is?
It's a bracelet made out of part of an old baseball.

These are the gifts I found. A scarf from repurposed knit and polyester fabric.
A necklace made from a word cut from an old book.

A gift tag made from recycled pieces of fabric.
This great bag made from an old feed bag. It can be worn over the shoulder, across the body or as a fanny pack.
It can also be folded in half and snapped to make it an even smaller bag.

I noticed that all of the vendors had purchased this bag too!!

Can't wait to go again in the spring!

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."  -Thomas A. Edison


No comments:

Post a Comment