Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Great Baked Green Beans!

We had the best green beans tonight for supper. My mom has mentioned many times how simple and delicious baking beans can be. Tonight I'd thought I'd give them a try.

First I washed and patted dry my beans.
Then I drizzled them with olive oil.
Next, I spread them out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
I sliced a red pepper and part of an onion and sprinkled them over the beans.
I also had some delicious bacon from the Farmer's Market that I sliced and put on top.

I placed the baking sheet in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes - until the bacon became crisp and the vegetables started to get soft.

They were the best green beans we have ever eaten!! Everyone loved them!! This will be the way I make them every time!!

"Go vegetable heavy. Reverse the psychology of your plate by making meat the side dish and vegetables the main course."  -Bobby Flay

No comments:

Post a Comment