Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 14, 2012

December 14, 2012

In light of everything that happened today, I thought it might be difficult to write a joyful blog.  Being a parent of young children, I had difficulty trying to make sense of what happened in Connecticut.  Then my life kicked in and I realized that to spend any time worrying "what if" I would miss out on the "what's going on".  So my blog tonight is PAY IT FORWARD and live with no regrets.

My morning started out a little rocky so I thought I'd treat myself to a coffee at Starbucks.  When I got the window to pay, the clerk told me that the woman in front of me had paid for my drink.  It instantly turned my morning around.

When I had issues with my work Comcast account, I had to call customer service and be on hold for EVER but the agent I finally worked with grew up in Minnesota and his grandparents had a cabin on a lake by my hometown. He was in a call center in Colorado and felt "connected" to me - hard to be mad at someone who could correctly name the lakes around Willmar, Minnesota and was sad that he couldn't be home for Christmas.  He was going to call his parents after he got off the phone with me.

My husband and I were invited to a Christmas party tonight given by people we hadn't seen in a long time.  We looked at the Evite RSVP list and knew only three names.  We decided to go anyway and had the best time reconnecting with the hosts of the party and visiting with people we didn't know.  I can't remember a time I laughed so often out loud!

We got home late and the house was quiet.  All three of our children were tucked safely in their beds.  Both boys had come home early because they knew we were gone and their little sister was home alone.  The dirty dishes all over the kitchen were looked upon as a blessing.  Our children took care of each other and there will always be more dishes!

We never know what will happen tomorrow so we need to live each day without regrets.  Be kind to each other.  Support each other.  Laugh out loud - often.  Give your kids, your parents, your friends....anyone who needs it, a hug.  Say "I Love You!" loud and proud.  "I'm sorry" can be the hardest and the best words you can say so say them with conviction.  Don't let a tragedy make you reflect on your life.  Live with no regrets today and every day!

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action."  -Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment