Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

New Family Favorite Cookie

My daughter and I spent  this very snowy day (we got 10+ inches of snow) baking Christmas cookies.  We made a new kind today and it has instantly turned into a family favorite.  They are called "Soft Maple Sugar Cookies" and we used the recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook called Christmas Cooking from the Heart.  We thought we'd share how we made them.

Mix 1/2 cup of softened butter with 1/2 cup of shortening.


 
Then add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
 1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
 3 egg yolks
1/4 cup real maple syrup
and 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
Mix well and then roll into 1 inch size balls.  Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes.  Remove and cool on wire racks.
Move the cookies to parchment paper and drizzle with a maple glaze (powdered sugar, whipping cream or milk, butter - mix enough together to get a drizzle consistency).
Here there are!




"Don't expect too much from yourself.  What I like to do when I have a day off is make various cookie doughs and freeze them.  Then I always have that on hand if I need it."  -Giada De Laurentiis






No comments:

Post a Comment