Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 3, 2012

My 2013 Beautiful Picture Album

I love taking photographs.  I love when my children take photographs.  The composition of their photographs often amazes me!  I love when I see others' photographs - to see what they see.  My mom, sister and I do something special with photographs each year.  We each create a "Beautiful Picture Album" and share them with each other at the end of the year. 

We each buy the $1.00 albums from Target or Walmart and decorate them to make them our own.  Here are mine from the past two years.
I keep all of them (mine, my mom's and mine) in a basket on my coffee table.
What goes in these "Beautiful Picture Albums"?  Each month, we take a picture of something that we see as beautiful.  There's no limit as to what the picture can be of - because no one can tell anyone else what they should see as beautiful!  We also provide a typed or written description of each picture.  Here's an example from last year's album (March).
Here are my photographs for this year with a brief description:

January - the peace and quiet of our property up north on a winter day.
February - a mini-snowstorm that came with big beautiful flakes of snow and a snowman that was created from the wonderful big flakes of snow.


March - one of my son's photographs of his kendama on the wheel of our dump truck.  Love the artistry in such a simple picture.
April - my daughter and the artwork she had on display at our local Center for the Arts.  The second one was taken by my oldest son of my second son - he was playing kendama at sunset on a hill over looking Big Stone Lake (at my parents' house).

May - new life sprouting and a beautiful flower blooming.

June - my aunt gave me this iris from her garden a number of years ago and it FINALLY bloomed!
July - my daughter at the Laura Ingall's Wilder Pageant.
August - a cute little gift bag my daughter and I made together.
September - my Farmer's Market purchases.
October - another picture taken by my oldest son - the Mississippi River on a beautiful fall day.  The second picture is of the beautiful fall tree my daughter created.

November - the beautiful November sky.
December - pictures my oldest son took on Harriet & Raspberry Islands.  He really has an eye for beautiful things - in a unique way.


Se there you have it.  My 2013 Beautiful Pictures Album.  Can't wait to start on the one for 2014!

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."  -Camille Pissaro














No comments:

Post a Comment