Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Link for Theater Make Up Application

My daughter and I were in a production of Willy Wonka this weekend.  She was an oompa loompa and I was Grandma Josephine.  My daughter's costume was simple:  silly tights, a bright t-shirt, white shoes and then little knickers made by our fabulous costume designer Christine.  My costume wasn't exactly complicated:  a grandma nightie, wool socks, a wig, mop hat and glasses.  It was the make up that was complicated.  I had to turn my 46 year old face into an 80+ year old face.

Thank goodness for friends who like You Tube!  I asked two friends who apply make up as a profession if they knew how to do stage make up.  One did but was going to be out of town.  The other didn't but gave me a fabulous link to a "how to" on You Tube.  http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlPs3PBNd22U%26playnext%3D1%26list%3DPL53AE8D80FF0A1616%26feature%3Dresults_main&h=XAQE75o9S  This link has how to make your eyes, nose, forehead, etc. into a wrinkly old lady!

Here are before and after pictures of me!
This was a great link and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to apply theater make up!  It sure made my anxiety level go down knowing that I looked old not hideous!

"I know very little about acting.  I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."  -Robert Downey Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment