Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy Pasta & Turkey Sausage Dinner

I needed a quick dinner tonight.  Everyone was starving.  Everyone was tired.  We had dance to get to.  So I went to my go to recipes and made something quick, light and something to satisfy everyone's appetite.

The ingredients are few but the taste is fantastic.  You will need 3 bell peppers, an onion and some garlic.  I usually use about 2 to 3 cloves.
A 12 oz. box of tri-color pasta.
Hot Italian turkey sausage.
Boil the noodles.
Remove casings from the sausage and put in a pan.  Brown the meat.  (This is a pretty unappetizing picture!)
While sausage is browning, add the chopped onion.
When the sausage is brown, cut the peppers into bite size pieces and add to the sausage and onion mixture.
Strain the noodles and put them back in the pot.
Stir in the sausage mixture with the noodles.
I serve this with parmesan cheese on the side.
Here's how I like to eat it!




You can add just about anything to this dish - fresh spinach, olives, artichokes......whatever you have on hand.

"Some of the most important conversations I've ever had occurred at my family's dinner table."  -Bob Ehrlich












No comments:

Post a Comment