Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Two Suggestions for Easy Meal Preparation

With three children, I am usually going in many different directions all at one time.  The one thing I insist on though is that we eat supper together.  I love to cook so I try to make as many homemade meals as possible.  I have found two amazing resources to help me make homemade meals for my family ALMOST every night of the week!

The first is a cookbook.  My mom gave me this cookbook and it has been like my kitchen bible ever since. 
It has sooooooooo many good recipes, each requiring very few ingredients and most are very kid friendly.  The book is separated by many categories - even beverages.
Tonight I made "Creamy Swiss Steak" and the only ingredients were round steak, flour, salt, pepper, onion, cream of mushroom soup, a carrot and a rib of celery.  I cut up the steak before I put it in the crock pot and then served it over egg noodles.  It was really filling and everyone, including my very picky 10 year old daughter had seconds.

Speaking of pasta, that brings me to my second resource that has made making dinners quick and easy.  That's The Pasta Man Pasta.
These are flavored pastas.  Add a little rotisserie chicken or crumbled bacon or fresh vegetables or ham chunks or just about anything in your cupboard/refrigerator and you have a meal.  Because the pastas have seasoning in them, they require very little extra ingredients.  This is a Minnesota based company - close my my hometown.  They do have a mail order business but I hope to see them in a grocery store near me soon!!!  Here is their contact information so you too can see how these pastas can instantly make meal preparation easier!  https://www.facebook.com/PastaManMN or The Pasta Man, LLC, 124 Main Street, Chokio, MN  56221

"We sat together as a family for dinner at night.  And my mother had a job.  My dad had a job.  But there was always a meal on the table at 6:00, you know."  -Trisha Yearwood

No comments:

Post a Comment