Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Decorated Rolodex

With my job, I have a lot of contact with clients outside of my company.  Trying to keep all of that contact information has gotten to be a little overwhelming so I decided to organize all of them in a Rolodex.
 I like to have a little color and/or sparkle to things on my desk to keep it from looking "boring" so of course I had to make some changes to my new Rolodex.  I dug around in my craft supplies for colored and patterned paper.  I also found some embellished felt flower stickers that I thought would be a great accent.
I took out the letter dividers and added double sided tape to the front side, being careful to maintain a straight line of tape under the letters.

Next I pressed a piece of paper onto the double sided tape, matching the straight tape edge underneath the letters.
I trimmed all of the edges and carefully cut out the tabs at the bottom.

On this first card, I added the flower embellishments.  This is the "front" of the Rolodex.
For each of the other letter cards, I repeated the process to add the colored/patterned paper, making each letter card different.
A "modified" Rolodex like this one, paired with a Rolodex Business Card Punch,
would make a great gift for someone who needs to keep their contact information close at hand - either at home or at the office.  I can't wait to start filling mine up!

"Organize, don't agonize."  -Nancy Pelosi

No comments:

Post a Comment