Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Polar Dash - A New New Year's Day Tradition

My daughter and I started a New Year's tradition today by running in the Polar Dash 5K in St. Paul, MN.
When the race started at 11:30am this morning, it was -8 degrees!  We were prepared by wearing lots of layers.  I'm so proud of my daughter.  She is 11 years old and this was her first 5K.  She did awesome - only asking to walk once when she said her stomach hurt because she was so hungry.  But she was all smiles as we ran toward the finish line.



Here we are with our finishers' medals!

We ran with another mother/daughter team and a teenage daughter of a friend of ours.  Here we all are at the finish line.
It was well worth the cold to have such a special day with my daughter!  I am looking forward to more races to run together in the future.  My daughter is already talking about the Get Lucky 7K in March in Minneapolis, MN.  Guess where we'll be tomorrow night......training at the YMCA!





No comments:

Post a Comment