Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 17, 2014

New Knitting Project

My house is an absolute disaster and there are piles and piles of laundry to do.  BUT......I have a new knitting project I can't wait to get started.  My oldest son's girlfriend gave me a skein of the most beautiful yarn (my son actually picked the color - he knows his mom well).
It is a really soft yarn called Madelinetosh and it is worsted weight.
I found a pattern that will be just perfect.  It will show off the color of the yarn.  It is a pattern created by my favorite knitting designer, Don Waalen.  It is called Rock Piles, Roses and Bees.

It is a little more complicated pattern then I am used to and I have to count rows.  But I'm up to the challenge!

"It's pure potential.  Every ball or skein of yarn holds something inside it, and the great mystery of what that might be can be almost spiritual."  -Stephanie Pearl-McPhee


No comments:

Post a Comment