Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Semi-Homemade Pot Pie

It has been so cold these last few days that comfort food has been on my dinner menu.  Tonight I made a semi-homemade chicken pot pie.  It took about 10 minutes to put together and about an hour to cook.  My family liked how it made the house smell.....very warm and cozy!

This is a super simple recipe that can utilize any left over chicken or turkey.  I used pre-cooked, packaged chicken.
I pressed a pie crust into a deep dish glass pie pan.
To the chicken, I added a can of mixed vegetables - you could also use frozen vegetables.
Next, I mixed in a can of cream of chicken soup.  Cream of celery soup would work too.
Then it's spice time.....I added pepper, poultry seasoning, chervil leaves, salt and a bit of garlic powder.  I mixed it well then poured it into the prepared pie shell.
I added a pie shell on top and cut slits to let the steam out.
I put it in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes then upped it to 400 degrees for 15 more minutes.
It was very good by the warm spoonful!
There was one spoonful left for me to take to work tomorrow!

"Come gather at our table."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment