Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Knitting Day

I stayed home from work today.  So did my husband.  Since the kiddos had the day off because of the cold, we all stayed home.  It was a very lazy day.  I haven't had a day like this is months.  I haven't even gotten out of my pajamas.  I took a nap, made homemade bread, watched a movie and finished two knitting projects.

I made fingerless mittens by casting on 24 stitches and following a knit one, purl one pattern.  The hat I made using my favorite yarn.....Spud & Chloe, Outer, Super Bulky.  I made this hat last winter for my daughter in dark gray.  After the established rows (knit one, purl one), the pattern is a repeat of four rows, using knits, purls and yarn overs.  I got the free pattern from Knitty.com.  The pattern name is Shroom.  Here's a link to the pattern:  www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter09/PATTshroom.php
Now I will have something warm to wear to work tomorrow!

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the trouble spirit and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."  -Elizabeth Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment