Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Knitting Project Update

I wanted to give an update on my new knitting project.  It has been quite an adventure.  For those of you who are regular visitors to my blog, you'll remember that my son's girlfriend bought me some beautiful yarn for Christmas and I chose Don Waalen's Rock Piles, Roses and Bees cowl pattern to make with it.  You can order the pattern through All About Yarn allaboutyarn.biz  or you can find it on Ravelry  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#query=rock%20piles%2C%20roses%20and%20bees

The pattern calls for slipping stitches and then knitting stitches.  After many rows of slipping and knitting, I realized I was slipping the stitches all wrong.  I didn't know that when slipping stitches you should always slip purl-wise unless the pattern indicates otherwise!  Once I corrected that problem, the pattern really started to take shape.
In the above picture, you can probably see my second problem.  In order to finish the cowl, I needed a second skein of yarn.  I was in a hurry when I went to the yarn shop to get the second skein - it was the same color (cherry), made by the same manufacturer (Malabrigo) BUT it was the wrong weight.  I bought worsted and I needed DK.  So........my lunchtime project at work has been backing out the incorrect yarn.
My evening project has been working in the new yarn and creating a beautiful cowl that I can't wait to wear!
The worsted weight yarn won't be going to waste.....I plan on making a winter hat in a twisted cable pattern.  Probably another project I'll be blogging about!


"I'm a yarnaholic. That means I have more yarn stashed away than any one person could possibly use in three or four lifetimes. There's something inspiring about yarn that makes me feel I could never have enough." - Debbie Macomber



1 comment: