Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Winter Reading

One of my least favorite chores is doing laundry.  With a family of five, I have many, many loads of laundry to do.  So, to occupy my time while I waited for things to wash and dry, I sat next to my dryer and read the Sunday Minneapolis Star Tribune paper.  One of my favorite sections in the Sunday paper is Variety, and more specifically, the Books Section.  Today they shared the "Club Book" selections and I have marked a few events on my calendar which I hope to attend.

Club Book "is a free, non-profit writers series that brings notable writers to suburban libraries."  Here are the authors who will be taking part in this series:  Amy Thielen, Julie Kramer, J. Courtney Sullivan, Elizabeth Berg, P.S. Duffy, Nikki Giovanni, Dave Zirin, Brian Freeman, Peter Geye, Amy Greene and Amanda Coplin.  They are a diverse group of authors and they will be in a variety of locations.  The one I am most interested in seeing is Julie Kramer.  She wrote "Stalking Susan", "Missing Mark", "Silencing Sam", "Killing Kate", and "Shunning Sarah".  Her new book is "Delivering Death".  She's a Minnesota mystery/crime writer who won a Minnesota Book Award for "Stalking Susan".  She will be in Woodbury on February 11th.  Something to look forward to in these cold winter months!

To find out all of the appearance details for Julie Kramer and the other authors, here is the link to the Star Tribune website.  www.startribune.com/entertainment/books  Click on "Club Book Brings in Berg, Sullivan and others".  Now, back to doing laundry!!!

"You cannot open a book without learning something."  -Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment