Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Winter Fun

I know that I have posted about Elm Creek Park Reserve in Maple Grove, MN before but it deserves another mention.  It is a fantastic place to go to celebrate and embrace our Minnesota winters.  They have a bunny ski hill, a snowboard terrain park, tubing hills and cross country ski trails.  We were there today with some friends to go tubing.  Here's a picture of my daughter, her friend and me coming down the hill.

All smiles at the bottom of the hill!
While I went tubing with the kiddos, my friend made her way over to to the snowboard terrain park to take pictures of my son.  He and his friends are here EVERY DAY!  It's a fantastic way for them to spend their days OUTSIDE and away from the video games.





In the next couple of weeks, my daughter and I are going to check out the cross country ski trails.  We can rent equipment right on site.  You can also rent snowboard equipment and down hill skis.  Here is a link to their website for all of the details about this great outdoor recreation get away!
www.threeriversparks.org/parks/elm-creek-park.aspx

"While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best."  -Tom Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment