Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Great Small Town Co-Op

I have a personal and professional (my blog) Facebook pages.  I usually check in on my profiles once a day - before I go to bed.  It's fun to check in with friends and family and supporters.  I especially like keeping up to date with what my cousins are doing.  I almost feel closer to them now than I did when I lived at home.

Besides personal connections, I like to check in with my favorite business and websites to see what is new.  Most of them I've mentioned in this blog.  There is one though, that I haven't yet mentioned that definitely deserves a "shout out".  That's The Granary Food Co-Op in Ortonville, MN.  Ortonville is my hometown so I could be partial to this co-op because it's familiar and one of the key people involved in it is one of my mom's dear friends.  That is not the case however.  I am partial to this co-op because it is one of the best co-ops I've ever been in.  I hope the people of Ortonville recognize what a gem they have!

The Granary has bulk spices, syrups, soaps and cleaning products.  All safe and healthy.  They have a great organic selection of eggs, soups, cheese, meat, personal care products and much, much more.  Their Facebook post today showcased the bread they will have for sale every Monday.  Here is a picture and a description from their Facebook page:

"The Granary is SO excited to announce a new product we will be featuring in our store - starting today! The Abbey of the Hills (formerly Blue Cloud Abbey) is now making Organic Whole Wheat Bread, and Organic White Bread. We will have this local bread in store every Monday! 

This is the original recipe the monks created and used for years and years - and now is made using all natural, organic ingredients. Our Board or Directors, General Manager, and staff of Volunteers can all tell you, from personal experience -- this bread is amazing!! Stop in today"

This makes me wish I lived closer.  I would be at the Granary every Monday morning!  If you get a chance and you're either visiting Ortonville or just passing through, stop at the Granary and see what goodies you can find.  It's now going to be a "must visit" when I'm home visiting my parents!

"Save the planet.  Buy organic."  -Nancy Philips


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jo! GREAT blog! :) Thanks so much for the shout out! I'm the new General Manager at The Granary and we soooo appreciate your kind words! I, too, am loving the store and all of the great products we're able to offer our community. Please stop by and say hello the next time you're in the area! :)
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete