Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cute Little Scrapbook

While not working, I have been trying to be productive at home.  So, I started deep cleaning each room in my house from top to bottom.  I can't remember the last time I did this and it sure shows in how much dust is in every corner.

Today, I worked in our family room.  I got distracted when I got to a shelf with this on it.
So.....I couldn't just dust the baseball boxes and put them back on the shelf.  I had to open them and reminisce......an hour later I had figured out how to make them and had started thinking about all of the boxes/photo albums I could make as gifts.  My mom made these for my boys in 2008.  They are great keepsakes.

She decorated a brown paper box with baseball paper, trim and a star that is a little wooden accessory.

Inside, are these great little scrapbooks made from small brown paper bags.
The bags are folded so that pictures can be added.



The cover and back of each album are made out of light weight cardboard.  It's all held together with brass brads.  The paper trim piece on the right hides the bottom of the brad.
When a bag is folded in half, you have the bag opening.  My mom made little pull outs for each of these and made tabs or attached ribbon for each of them.


I can't wait to make some of these as gifts.  I think I may make them without pictures and let the recipient add their own photographs.  I also have a girls' weekend coming up.  Might be a fun little keepsake for each friend.  See how productive cleaning can be!!!

"Saving memories....one page at a time."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment